Those who know me know that I absolutely love Authors such as Dorothea Benton Frank and The Christmas Pearl combines two of my favourite things – Christmas & Southern charm! The book is a traditional and nostalgic trip down memory lane – a sort of Southern-esque reincarnation of A Christmas Carol. Your box will include a brand new edition with all of our tasty treats – read on to find out more.
About The Book
Theodora is the matriarch of a family that has grown apart. While she’s finally managed to get them all together in South Carolina to celebrate Christmas, this is shaping up to be nothing like the extravagant, homey holidays of her childhood. All they do is argue.
What happened to the days when Christmas meant tables groaning with home-cooked goodies, over-the-top decorations, and long chats in front of the fire with Pearl, her grandmother’s beloved housekeeper and closest confidante?
Luckily for Theodora, a special someone who heard her plea for help arrives, with pockets full of enough magic and common sense to make Theodora’s Christmas the love-filled miracle it’s meant to be.
What’s included in your Box?
• A brand new copy of The Christmas Pearl by Dorothea Benton Frank
• Three delicious beverages (English Tea Shop, Beanies Coffee & Hot Chocolate)
• A Tasty Treat (biscuits & a candy cane for that important hot chocolate stirring!)
• A Tealight candle.
• A Bookish Postcard – perfect for framing or displaying in your home.
• A hand poured wax seal to finish it all off – great for keeping and putting in a journal or scrapbook as decoration!
* Gallery images show an example of what may be included in your box – treat contents may differ.
About The Author
Dorothea Benton Frank was a New York Times best-selling American novelist of Southern fiction. She worked in the apparel industry from 1972 until 1985 and then organized fundraisers as a volunteer, before becoming a novelist.
She is best known as the author of twenty novels placed in and around the Lowcountry of South Carolina.