A wonderfully funny whirlwind adventure, full of madcap mishaps and misunderstandings, as Mary Plain goes on her third adventure! This beautiful Hardcover Edition is wrapped and delivered in one of our Boxes with all of the usual goodies.
About The Book
Finding herself on an unexpected ‘visit’ to her great friend the Owl Man, Mary takes London by storm!
She enjoys every second, making friends, and causing Mary scenes wherever she goes. She takes every opportunity to eat as much as she possibly can, especially cream buns and meringues, and even appears in a teatime BBC radio show!
Gwynedd Rae’s enchanting Mary Plain stories have an enduring, timeless appeal and Clara Vulliamy’s fresh, funny and energetic illustrations introduces Mary Plain and friends to a whole new generation of readers.
This fresh new hardback edition has a sparkly polka dot cover and brand-new black and white artwork by renowned illustrator Clara Vulliamy. The book also includes a new heart-warming introduction from Clara Vulliamy about what the books mean to her.
What’s included in your Box?
• A Brand New Children’s Book.
• Four delicious beverages for little ones and grown ups! Two hot chocolates and one Tea (English Tea Shop) and one Coffee (Beanies Coffee).
• A Tasty Treat for the Grown Ups.
• Two Tasty Treats for the Child(ren)!
• A Bookish Postcard – perfect for framing or displaying in your home.
• A hand poured wax seal to finish it all off – great for keeping and putting in a journal or scrapbook as decoration!
* Gallery images show an example of what may be included in your box – treat contents may differ.
About The Author & Illustrator
Welsh author Gwynedd Rae (1892-1977) was the creator of the much-loved Mary Plain series. The first book in the series, Mostly Mary,was published in 1930 and the last, Mary Plain’s Whodunnit, was published in 1965. The series includes 14 books about Mary’s adventures. They became hugely popular when they were read on BBC Radio Children’s Hour during the 1930s.
Clara Vulliamy has illustrated over 35 children’s books and has been published by HarperCollins, Orchard Books, Random House, Walker Books and Kingfisher. She studied at Chelsea School of Art and The Royal Academy, beginning her working life as a portrait painter and illustrator for newspapers and magazines. She is the daughter of celebrated author and illustrator, Shirley Hughes, and together they created the Dixie O’Day series. She lives in Twickenham with her husband and their two grown-up daughters.
The Other Important Bits
Age range: 6 – 9 Years
Publisher: Egmont (2017)