A devastating flood reawakens a young woman’s buried childhood memories … with life-changing results. A dark, warmly funny and deeply moving novel from the bestselling author of How To Be Brave and The Lion Tamer Who Lost. The book comes in a box with all of our usual treats and fixed book-plate signed by the Author.
About the book…
‘Like a cold spider, the memory stirred in my head and spun an icy web about my brain. Someone else crawled in. I remembered’
Thirty-on-year-old Catherine Hope has a great memory. But she can’t remember everything. She can’t remember her ninth year. She can’t remember when her insomnia started. And she can’t remember why everyone stopped calling her Catherine-Maria.
With a promiscuous past, and licking her wounds after a painful breakup, Catherine wonders why she resists anything approaching real love. But when she loses her home to the devastating deluge of 2007 and volunteers at Flood Crisis, a devastating memory emerges… and changes everything.
Dark, poignant and deeply moving, Maria in the Moon is an examination of the nature of memory and truth, and the defences we build to protect ourselves, when we can no longer hide…
About the Author…
Louise’s debut novel, How to be Brave, was a Guardian Readers’ pick in 2015 and a top ten bestseller on Amazon. The Mountain in my Shoe longlisted for the Guardian’s Not The Booker Prize 2016. The Sunday Mirror called Maria in the Moon ‘quirky, darkly comic, original and heartfelt’. It was also a Must Read in the Sunday Express and a Book of the Year at LoveReadingUK.
The Lion Tamer Who Lost was described as ‘engrossing and captivating’ by the Daily Express. It also shortlisted for the RNA’s Romantic Novel of the Year and longlisted for the Polari Prize 2019. Call Me Star Girl hit number one on Kobo. It also longlisted for the Not The Booker Prize and won the Best magazine Big Book Award 2019. I Am Dust was a Top Six pick in Crime Monthly and a LoveReadingUK Monthly Pick. This Is How We Are Human is out now.
Publisher: Orenda Books
Publication date: July 2016
Your box will include…
- A brand new paperback copy of Maria in the Moon by Louise Beech with a fixed book-plate signed by the Author.
- Four delicious beverages – A mixture of tea and coffee.
- A Tasty Treat – Meredith & Drew Biscuits.
- A Beautifully scented wax melt bar.
- A Bookish Postcard – perfect for framing or displaying in your home!
- A hand poured wax seal to finish it all off – great for keeping and putting in a journal or scrapbook as decoration!
We have lots of bookish add-ons available for your box! From Bookmarks to mini wax melt burners, book holders and book baskets, we have plenty of items to add something a little special to your box of treats. Take a look at all of our options here.
* Gallery images shows an example of what may be included in your box – treat and gift content may differ. Wax melt bar scent is subject to availability and may differ in scent from the photograph and description.