About The Box
This is the perfect book for 2021 – a funny, insightful and hopeful family adventure exploring a family torn apart and put back together again. Packaged up in brown paper tied up with string and finished with a wax seal, your box will include all of our usual treats.
About The Book
The three Cadogan children, Jessica, Kirsty and Patrick, haven’t spoken to each other for three years. An argument after their mother’s death was the latest excuse to blame one another for their family’s troubles in a long, unhappy series that’s lasted almost a decade.
When their father, Gerry, dies they are given instructions as to where he wants his ashes to be scattered. But first they must together drive his old camper van up the country to the Scottish Isle of Islay. For the journey, he’s given them his old fishing tackle box containing three photo albums through which they can explore their past, and a bottle of single malt whisky he had been saving for the 70th birthday he never reached.
Along the way, they’ll be forced to confront the most painful moments in their shared history, lay to rest a ghost who’s haunted them for years – and maybe even become a family again.
What’s included in your Box?
• A brand new copy of The Way Back by Jamie Fewery
• Four delicious beverages (English Tea Shop & Beanies Coffee)
• A Tasty Treat (Meredith & Drew Biscuits)
• A Bookish Postcard – perfect for framing or displaying in your home.
• A hand poured wax seal to finish it all off – great for keeping and putting in a journal or scrapbook as decoration!
* Gallery images show an example of what may be included in your box – treat contents may differ.
About the Author
Jamie Fewery is the author of OUR LIFE IN A DAY and THE WAY BACK, both published by Orion. He’s also a some time columnist and the Head of Copy for the marketing and communications agency, Octopus Group.