About The Box
Urgent and timely, nuanced and brave. The Scotiabank Giller Prize Jury describe this book as a gripping story that challenges how we hear women and girls, and dissects the self-hypnosis and fear that prevent us from speaking disruptive truth. This book is packaged up in brown paper, string and a wax seal and will arrive in a box with all of our usual treats.
About The Book
For the past ten years, science teacher George Woodbury has been hailed a suburban hero.
But when his daughter Sadie turns 17, George is arrested for sexual misconduct with her own classmates, while his wife Joan looks on in shock.
As George awaits trial, his son Andrew, a lawyer in New York, returns home to help, only to confront his own unhappy memories.
How can the family defend the man they love while wrestling with the possibility of his guilt?
Provocative and unforgettable, The Best Kind of People reveals the cracks along the seams of even the most perfect lives and the unraveling of an all-American family.
What’s included in your Box?
• A brand new paperback copy of The Best Kind of People by Zoe Whittall.
• Four delicious beverages (English Tea Shop & Beanies Coffee)
• A Tasty Treat (Meredith & Drew Biscuits)
• A Bookish Postcard – perfect for framing or displaying in your home.
• A hand poured wax seal to finish it all off – great for keeping and putting in a journal or scrapbook as decoration!
* Gallery images show an example of what may be included in your box – treat contents may differ.
About the Author
The Other Important Bits
Publisher: Hodder and Stoughton