Shortlisted for the Waterstones Children’s Book Prize, this is a contemporary love story about loyalty and friendship and the power of never giving up hope. Beautifully packaged with all of our usual goodies, this is the perfect treat for a book lover.
About The Book
Oscar Dunleavy is missing, presumed dead.
His bike was found at sea, beyond the pier, and everyone in town has accepted this as a teenage tragedy.
Except for his best friend, Meg.
Oscar’s kind, always cheerful, and makes the world’s best apple tarts.
Meg knows he isn’t dead …
… and she’s going to prove it.
What’s included in your Box?
• A Brand New copy of The Apple Tart of Hope by Sarah Moore Fitzgerald
• Two hot chocolates (Options)
• Two Tasty Treats (Haribo and Biscuits)
• A Bookish Postcard – perfect for framing or displaying in your home.
• A hand poured wax seal to finish it all off – great for keeping and putting in a journal or scrapbook as decoration!
* Gallery images show an example of what may be included in your box – treat contents may differ.
About The Author
Sarah Moore Fitzgerald was born in New York, grew up in Dublin and lives in Limerick where she works as an academic. As a young child and in early adulthood, she wrote fiction constantly, furtively and under cover of darkness. Eventually, she came out as an author with the completion of her first novel, ‘Back to Blackbrick’. She’s a keen cyclist, a reluctant runner, and an avid reader. She is married with three children.
The Other Important Bits
Age range: 12 – 17 years
Publisher: Orion (2014)