Storm-wake is a beautifully written book about the stories we tell and are told, how they shape us, and how, ultimately, we can choose our own endings. Beautifully packaged with all of our usual goodies, this is the perfect treat for a book lover.
About The Book
Moss has lived with her pa on a remote island for as long as she remembers. The Old World has disappeared beneath the waves – only Pa’s magic, harnessing the wondrous stormflowers on the island, can save the sunken continents. But a storm is brewing, promising cataclysmic changes. Soon, two strange boys wash up on the shore.
As the clouds swell and the ocean churns, Moss learns to open her eyes to the truth about her isolated world …
What’s included in your Box?
• A Brand New copy of Storm Wake by Lucy Christopher
• Two hot chocolates (Options)
• Two Tasty Treats (Haribo and Biscuits)
• A Bookish Postcard – perfect for framing or displaying in your home.
• A hand poured wax seal to finish it all off – great for keeping and putting in a journal or scrapbook as decoration!
* Gallery images show an example of what may be included in your box – treat contents may differ.
About The Author
Lucy Christopher, author of Stolen and Flyaway, was born in Wales but grew up in Australia, living in Melbourne from the age of nine until she completed her undergraduate degree at Melbourne University. After various attempts at being an actor, a coffee maker, a waitress and a nature guide, she moved back to the UK to earn a distinction in a Creative Writing MA from Bath Spa University. Lucy took on part-time work as a university lecturer at Bath Spa University, teaching on the undergraduate and the MA creative writing courses, and is currently undertaking a PhD to explore the ways that Australian literature represents wild places, particularly in its writing for young adults. Lucy’s debut novel, Stolen, was written as part of this PhD.
The Other Important Bits
Age range: 12 years
Publisher: Chicken House (2018)