About The Box
If you’re looking for an Author with talent for connecting with teenage readers then look no further than Katherine Webber. This is a book that navigates love and grief amid the claustrophobia of family expectations and peer pressure. Packaged up in brown paper tied up with string and finished with a wax seal, your box will include all of our usual treats.
About The Book
Sometimes a broken heart is all you need to set you free.
Reiko loves the endless sky and electric colours of the Californian desert. It is a refuge from an increasingly claustrophobic life of family pressures and her own secrets.
Then she meets Seth, a boy who shares a love of the desert and her yearning for a different kind of life.
But Reiko and Seth both want something the other can’t give them. As summer ends, things begin to fall apart. But the end of love can sometimes be the beginning of you.
What’s included in your Box?
• A brand new paperback copy of Only Love Can Break Your Heart by Katherine Webber.
• Four delicious beverages (English Tea Shop & Beanies Coffee)
• A Tasty Treat (Meredith & Drew Biscuits)
• A Bookish Postcard – perfect for framing or displaying in your home.
• A hand poured wax seal to finish it all off – great for keeping and putting in a journal or scrapbook as decoration!
* Gallery images show an example of what may be included in your box – treat contents may differ.
About the Author
Katherine loves books and travel. (At last count, she’d been to 48 countries and six continents!) She was born in Southern California and spent much of her childhood in the Palm Springs desert and it is still one of her favorite places in the world. She has since lived in Hong Kong, Hawaii, and Atlanta. She currently lives in London with her husband, Kevin Tsang, with whom she co-writes the young illustrated fiction series Sam Wu is Not Afraid.
The Other Important Bits
Publisher: Walker books
Reading age: 14+