About The Box
This is a compelling alchemy of plot, place and people, building on all the best parts of its predecessor, Rotherweird. Packaged up in brown paper tied up with string and finished with a wax seal, your box will include all of our usual treats.
About The Book
Welcome back to Rotherweird.
The town of Rotherweird has been independent from the rest of England for four hundred years, to protect a deadly secret.
Sir Veronal Slickstone is dead, his bid to exploit that secret consigned to dust, leaving Rotherweird to resume its abnormal normality after the travails of the summer . . . but someone is playing a very long game.
Disturbing omens multiply: a funeral delivers a cryptic warning; an ancient portrait speaks; the Herald disappears – and democracy threatens the uneasy covenant between town and countryside.
Geryon Wynter’s intricate plot, centuries in the making, is on the move.
Everything points to one objective: the resurrection of Rotherweird’s dark Elizabethan past – and to one date: the Winter Solstice.
Wynter is coming…
What’s included in your Box?
• A brand new copy of Wyntertide by Andrew Caldecott
• Four delicious beverages (English Tea Shop & Beanies Coffee)
• A Tasty Treat (Meredith & Drew Biscuits)
• A Bookish Postcard – perfect for framing or displaying in your home.
• A hand poured wax seal to finish it all off – great for keeping and putting in a journal or scrapbook as decoration!
* Gallery images show an example of what may be included in your box – treat contents may differ.
About the Author
Andrew Caldecott is a practising barrister in media law, fantasy novelist, and occasional playwright. His play Higher than Babel was described as “impressive” by the FT and “a bold debut” by the Independent. Driven by subsequent neglect of his dramatic talents (or by the lack of them), he turned to the fantasy novel and wrote his debut, Rotherweird.