About The Box
Haunting, emotional and beautifully written, Women and Children First breathes fresh life into the most famous disaster of the 20th century. Packaged up in brown paper tied up with string and finished with a wax seal, your box will include all of our usual treats.
About The Book
It is 1912. Against all odds, the Titanic is sinking.
As desperate hands emerge from the icy water, a few lucky row boats float in the darkness. On the boats are four survivors.
Reg, a handsome young steward working in the first-class dining room; Annie, an Irishwoman travelling to America with her children; Juliet, a titled English lady who is pregnant and unmarried, and George, a troubled American millionaire.
In the wake of the tragedy, each of these people must try to rebuild their lives.
But how can life ever be the same again when you’ve heard over a thousand people dying in the water around you?
What’s included in your Box?
• A brand new hardback copy of Women & Children First by Gill Paul.
• Four delicious beverages (English Tea Shop & Beanies Coffee)
• A Tasty Treat (Meredith & Drew Biscuits)
• A Bookish Postcard – perfect for framing or displaying in your home.
• A hand poured wax seal to finish it all off – great for keeping and putting in a journal or scrapbook as decoration!
* Gallery images show an example of what may be included in your box – treat contents may differ.
About the Author
Gill Paul’s historical novels have reached the top of the USA Today, Toronto Globe & Mail and kindle charts, and been translated into twenty languages. Gill also writes historical non-fiction, including A HISTORY OF MEDICINE IN 50 OBJECTS, and she speaks at libraries and literary festivals on subjects ranging from the Titanic to the Romanovs. Gill lives in London.
The Other Important Bits