About The Box
The One Safe Place is Tania Unsworth’s debut novel and is a gripping, fast-paced and disconcerting dystopian book full of suspense and adventure. This book is packaged up in brown paper, string and a wax seal and will arrive in a box with all of our usual treats.
About The Book
Devin doesn’t remember life before the world got hot; he has grown up farming the scorched earth with his grandfather in their remote valley. When his grandfather dies, Devin heads for the city. Once there, among the stark glass buildings, he finds scores of children, just like him, living alone on the streets. They tell him rumors of a place for abandoned children, with unlimited food and toys and the hope of finding a new family. But only the luckiest get there.
An act of kindness earns Devin an invitation to the home, but it’s soon clear that it s no paradise. As Devin investigates the intimidating administrator and the zombie-like sickness that afflicts some children, he discovers the home’s horrific true mission. The only real hope is escape, but the place is as secure as a fortress.
Fans of dystopian fiction and spine-chilling adventure will devour “The One Safe Place;” its haunting themes will resonate long after readers have turned the final page.
What’s included in your Box?
• A brand new copy of The One Safe Place by Tania Unsworth
• Two Hot Chocolates (Options)
• A Tasty Treat (Meredith & Drew Biscuits) & Haribo
• A Bookish Postcard – perfect for framing or displaying in your home.
• A hand poured wax seal to finish it all off – great for keeping and putting in a journal or scrapbook as decoration!
* Gallery images show an example of what may be included in your box – treat contents may differ.
About the Author
Tania Unsworth spent her childhood in Cambridge before moving to America in her early twenties. She is the author of two previous novels, published by Viking/Fig Tree – The Seahorse and Before We Began – which caused Helen Dunmore to acclaim her ‘a real novelist’.