About the book…
Sitting quietly in his room in an old people’s home, Allan Karlsson is waiting for a party he doesn’t want to begin. His one-hundredth birthday party to be precise. The Mayor will be there. The press will be there. But, as it turns out, Allan will not . . .
Escaping (in his slippers) through his bedroom window, into the flowerbed, Allan makes his getaway. And so begins his picaresque and unlikely journey involving criminals, several murders, a suitcase full of cash, and incompetent police. As his escapades unfold, Allan’s earlier life is revealed. A life in which – remarkably – he played a key role behind the scenes in some of the momentous events of the twentieth century.
Translated by Roy Bradbury.
What’s Included in your Box?
- A brand new paperback copy of The Hundred Year Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson.
- Four delicious beverages – A mixture of tea and coffee.
- A Tasty Treat – Meredith & Drew Biscuits.
- A Bookish Postcard – perfect for framing or displaying in your home!
- A hand poured wax seal to finish it all off – great for keeping and putting in a journal or scrapbook as decoration!
About the Author…
Jonas Jonasson was a journalist for the Expressen newspaper for many years. He became a media consultant and later set up a company producing sports and events for Swedish television, before selling his company and moving abroad to work on his first novel. He is the author of The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared, The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden and Hitman Anders and the Meaning of it All. He lives on the Swedish island Gotland in the Baltic Sea.