About The Box
A stunning debut novel about one girl’s remarkable journey across France during WWI. This is a different kind of War story, one that will stay with readers long after GCSE timelines have been forgotten. Packaged up in brown paper tied up with string and finished with a wax seal, your box will include all of our usual treats.
About The Book
France 1916. Angélique Lacroix is haymaking when the postman delivers the news: her father is dead, killed on a distant battlefield. She makes herself a promise: the farm will remain exactly the same until her beloved older brother comes home from the Front.
“I think of it like a magical spell. If I can stop time, if nothing ever changes, then maybe he won’t change either.”
But a storm ruins the harvest, her mother falls ill and then the requisition appears… In a last-ditch attempt to save the farm from bankruptcy, Angélique embarks on a journey across France with her brother’s flock of magnificent Toulouse geese.
What’s included in your Box?
• A brand new paperback copy of The Goose Road by Rowena House.
• Four delicious beverages (English Tea Shop & Beanies Coffee)
• A Tasty Treat (Meredith & Drew Biscuits)
• A Bookish Postcard – perfect for framing or displaying in your home.
• A hand poured wax seal to finish it all off – great for keeping and putting in a journal or scrapbook as decoration!
* Gallery images show an example of what may be included in your box – treat contents may differ.