The Dragonfly Pool by Eva Ibbotson is an enchanting tale of friendship and determination during the Second World War, from the author of The Star of Kazan. Beautifully packaged with all of our usual goodies, this is the perfect treat for a young (or older) reader!
About The Book
Tally Hamilton is furious to hear she is being sent from London to a horrid, stuffy boarding school in the countryside. And all because of the stupid war. But Delderton Hall is a far more interesting place than Tally ever imagined, and an exciting school trip to the beautiful and luscious kingdom of Bergania whisks Tally into an unexpected adventure . . . will she be able to save her new friend, Prince Karil, before it’s too late?
What’s included in your Box?
• A Brand New copy of The Dragonfly Pool by Eva Ibbotson
• Two hot chocolates (Options)
• Two Tasty Treats (Haribo and Biscuits)
• A Bookish Postcard – perfect for framing or displaying in your home.
• A hand poured wax seal to finish it all off – great for keeping and putting in a journal or scrapbook as decoration!
* Gallery images show an example of what may be included in your box – treat contents may differ.
About The Author
Eva Ibbotson is one of the best-loved children’s writers in the world.
Her first children’s novel was published in 1975, and her most famous story, JOURNEY TO THE RIVER SEA, won the Smarties Gold Prize in 2001.
Her books have been shortlisted for the Carnegie Medal, the Guardian Children’s Fiction Prize, the Roald Dahl Funny Prize, and many other literary awards.
Eva died at the age of 85 in 2010.
The Other Important Bits
Age range: 9 – 11
Publisher: Macmillan Children’s Books (2013)