This includes a brand new copy of a book signed by a fantastic Author, alongside a selection of treats – delivered to your door once a month for three months October – December 2023 inclusive. All three books are new publications released in paperback and there is an opportunity to attend an online Zoom event with each Author too.
Order the subscription by the 10th of September 2023 and receive an extra sweet treat in your October box!
The Only Suspect by Louise Candlish
A twisted, powerful and ingenious thriller. A tale of obsession, love, jealousy and deception.
Wrong time. Wrong place. Wrong man.
Alex lives a comfortable life with his wife Beth in the leafy suburb of Silver Vale. Fine, so he’s not the most sociable guy on the street, he prefers to keep himself to himself, but he’s a good husband and an easy-going neighbour.
That’s until Beth announces the creation of a nature trail on a local site that’s been disused for decades and suddenly Alex is a changed man. Now he’s always watching. Questioning. Struggling to hide his dread . . .
As the landscapers get to work, a secret threatens to surface from years ago, back in Alex’s twenties when he got entangled with a seductive young woman called Marina, who threw both their lives into turmoil.
And who sparked a police hunt for a murder suspect that was never quite what it seemed. It still isn’t.
No one else could have done it. Could they?
Witch You Weren’t Here by Emma Jackson
Fun, sexy and hilarious, Witch You Weren’t Here is the wickedly charming romcom full of spells, mischief and witchcraft.
One hurricane. Two stranded witches.
Sparks are bound to fly…
Kay knows three things to be true: a witch who cannot control their powers is dangerous, she needs to make it home for her brother’s wedding, and Harry Ashworth is the last person she ever wants to see…
But after visiting the witching community’s equivalent of IT support to try to fix her misbehaving magic, a hurricane hits and her flight home is cancelled!
Not only is Kay stranded, but she’s stranded with Harry – her infuriatingly handsome and charming childhood friend, who broke her heart when they were teenagers.
Except Harry is a frustratingly powerful witch so working together might be their only way to get back home. And the more time they spend together, the harder it becomes to ignore what is simmering under the surface.
Soon it becomes clear that Kay’s magic isn’t the only thing she doesn’t have control of…
A Winter in New York by Josie Silver
A sumptuously cosy seasonal love story set in sparkling New York, from the queen of the ‘what if?’ romance Josie Silver.
Where better to start again than New York?
Iris arrives in the city of dreams, intent on restarting her culinary career, and leaving her recent heartache behind.
Wandering the streets at a famous food festival, Iris feels like she’s living in a movie. Then she stumbles upon a gelateria that looks strangely familiar. Inside, she meets Gio: a perfect leading man with an irresistible smile – and a crisis of his own.
As fate would have it, Iris is the one person with the answer to his problem. She just can’t tell him that . . .
So, can Iris finally let go of the past – and let herself fall in love?
You can read our early review here!
About the Tea Leaves and Reads Book Club
Each month we choose a title and Author to feature and reveal the details to all of our email subscribers the week before dispatch. Previous Authors have included Amanda Prowse, Sue Watson, Kirsty Greenwood, Sophie Hannah, Sheila O’Flanagan, Sanjida Kay, Heidi Swain, Emma Cooper, Eithne Shortall, Julie Cohen, Jill Mansell, Daniel Cole, JP Delaney, Holly Seddon, Sue Moorcroft, West Camel, Stephen Cox, Kate Sawyer, Miranda Dickinson, Louise Beech, Sarah Vaughan, Liz Alterman, Cathy Bramley, Tim Ewins & many more.
All of our brand new signed publication boxes will be a flat cost of £19.99 (paperbacks only). In purchasing this subscription you will be saving yourself almost £3 across the cost of three boxes plus no additional postage costs. However if you’d prefer to buy the books separately or just fancy one off boxes, please do browse our shop as each book club choice is listed individually too.
The extra touches for our book club include a silver pewter charm, themed wax seal finishing off your beautifully packaged up book and a bookmark – sometimes unique to the book! Each box includes tea, coffee, biscuits, a tea light candle, and a specially made Wax Melt Bar from Hampshire Candles to go with the book. If you’re not familiar with scented wax melt bars, we have a mini burner starter kit in the bookish add-on section of our shop. Trust us, these scents are BEAUTIFUL.
About the Authors
Our Authors are picked because we love them. It’s as simple as that. You will never find an Author in your Book of the Month box that we don’t like or haven’t read already! If you’re an Author interested in having us choose your book just get in touch and we can chat.
About the Book Club Box…
Each month we choose a title, arrange for the book to be signed, and have an online and face to face discussion in our book clubs. Join our Facebook Group here to get all of the updates. Face to face discussions are also held once a month locally near Andover, Hampshire and we have an online Zoom Event which we try and arrange for the Author to attend – subject to availability.
Your monthly box will include…
- A brand new paperback copy of our Book Club Pick of the Month – signed by the Author.
- Four delicious beverages – A mixture of tea and coffee.
- A Tasty Treat – (please specify any dietary needs at checkout) – Meredith & Drew Biscuits
- A Bookish Postcard – perfect for framing or displaying in your home!
- An extra scented gift – each month we include a scented wax melt bar.
- Online discussion via our Facebook Group plus, for some of the Authors, an online zoom to ask them questions! See our events page for what’s coming up.
- A hand poured wax seal to finish it all off – great for keeping and putting in a journal or scrapbook as decoration!
- Some boxes include some additional treats and themed items where indicated.
Sign up to the Zoom Events…
- 26th October 2023 @ 8PM – Louise Candlish Sign Up
- 30th November 2023 @ 8PM – Emma Jackson Sign Up
- 4th January @ 8PM – Josie Silver Sign Up
Terms and Conditions
- Signed books will either be physically signed or include a signed bookplate from the Author. Where possible we arrange for the book to be physically signed by the Author but due to overseas logistics this is not always possible.
- This subscription will mean that you receive Book Club Pick of the Month for October, November and December 2023.
- At the end of the three months we will be in touch to find out if you’d like to renew your subscription. We will not auto-renew.
- Books are sent 2nd Class via the Royal Mail a few days prior to the end of the month.
- It is your responsibility to let us know if your address changes during your subscription.
- Three month subscriptions are only available for UK delivery at the current time.
- It is not possible to cancel or pause your subscription & due to the nature of the box refunds are not available.
- All of our Book club boxes are still available for one off purchase on our website with a limited number each month.
- In purchasing this Three Month Subscription you are agreeing to our terms and conditions.
- You can purchase this as a gift and include a gift message at checkout which will be included in the first box.
- We’re not able to swap other titles into your box – but trust us, you’ll love what we choose!
- All book choices are subject to publication schedule and may change should publication dates change if this situation does occur, we will ensure that you are provided with a replacement book.
*Gallery images shows an example of what may be included in your box – flavours and scents may differ.