This includes a brand new copy of a book signed by a fantastic Author, alongside a selection of treats – delivered to your door once a month for three months October – December inclusive. All three books are brand new publications released in paperback. Pre-order your subscription by the 5th August 2022 and we’ll include some extra treats!
October – It Was Always You by Emma Cooper – Contemporary Fiction
October’s book club choice is It Was Always You by Emma Cooper, publishing 1st September 2022. A beautiful love story that will stay with you long after the last few pages have been read. You can read our review here. Emma is a bestselling author who has previously featured in our Book Club and we’re delighted to choose another of her titles. This box will have a little theme to it – without giving away the plot, it involves time!
About the Book
Would you choose a different life if you had the chance?
Two people. One chance to turn back the clock.
On the last night in October 1999 the clocks went back, and Ella and Will’s love began.
A teenage Ella sat around a bonfire drinking with her future husband and her oldest friend Cole.
As Ella wandered away from the group and found herself leaning against a derelict
archway before passing out.
The next day, Ella remembered fractured images of a conversation with a woman
in a green coat and red scarf but dismissed it as a drunken dream.
Twenty-three years later, with her marriage to Will in trouble, and Cole spiralling out of
control, Ella opens a gift which turns her life upside down: a green coat and red scarf.
When she looks in the mirror, the woman from the archway is reflected back at her.
As the last Sunday in October arrives, Ella is faced with a choice.
Would she choose a different life, if she could do it again?
November – The Lighthouse Bookshop by Sharon Gosling – Contemporary Romance
For November we’ve chosen a book about a bookshop! We’re very excited to be adding a little lighthouse related theming to this box too – including a complementary notebook made by Sharon herself. You can expect to find a tiny light-house silver pewter charm included too. A simmering romance combines with a plot that is as fast-paced as the roaring sea, this is an inspiring book of second chances – set against a backdrop of beautiful Scotland.
About the Book
At the heart of a tiny community in a remote village just inland from the Aberdeenshire coast stands an unexpected lighthouse. Built two centuries ago by an eccentric landowner, it has become home to the only bookshop for miles around.
Rachel is an incomer to the village. She arrived five years ago and found a place she could call home. So when the owner of the Lighthouse Bookshop dies suddenly, she steps in to take care of the place, trying to help it survive the next stage of its life.
But when she discovers a secret in the lighthouse, long kept hidden, she realises there is more to the history of the place than she could ever imagine. Can she uncover the truth about the lighthouse’s first owner? And can she protect the secret history of the place?
December – A White Christmas on Winter Street by Sue Moorcroft – Christmas Fiction
Returning as a book club Author for the second time, Sue Moorcroft writes heart-warming Christmas romances perfect for curling up and reading. Love, family and the power of forgiveness feature in this beautifully festive novel. A White Christmas on Winter Street will be published on 27th October 2022. It wouldn’t be Christmas without a Sue Moorcroft publication to enjoy! We’ll be theming this box with a few little extra touches…
About the Book
When Sky Terran returns to the village of Middledip after losing the job she loves, she anticipates a quiet Christmas getting used to her new life. However, the annual street decoration competition is coming up and this year, the residents of Winter Street are determined to win.
As she is pulled into the preparations, Sky quickly grows to love the quirky, tight-knit community she is now part of. Including the extremely handsome Daz, who soon becomes more than just a friendly neighbour.
But when Daz’s ex turns up determined to win him back and it seems he might not be the man Sky thought he was, she remembers how much allowing people into her life – and heart – can hurt. As the snow falls, will she and Daz find a way through – and help win a Christmas victory for Winter Street?
A gorgeously festive novel about love, family and the power of forgiveness from Sunday Times bestseller Sue Moorcroft,
About the Tea Leaves and Reads Book Club
Each month we choose a title and Author to feature and reveal the details to all of our email subscribers the week before dispatch. Previous Authors have included Amanda Prowse, Sue Watson, Kirsty Greenwood, Sophie Hannah, Sheila O’Flanagan, Sanjida Kay, Heidi Swain, Emma Cooper, Eithne Shortall, Julie Cohen, Jill Mansell, Daniel Cole, JP Delaney, Holly Seddon, Sue Moorcroft, West Camel, Stephen Cox, Kate Sawyer & many more. Occasionally the book may include a signed book-plate rather than a physical signature – this is due to the Author being overseas. We will always let you know in advance when this may be the case.
All of our brand new signed publication boxes will be a flat cost of £18.99 (paperbacks only). In purchasing this subscription you will be saving yourself almost £5** across the cost of three boxes plus no additional postage costs. However if you’d prefer to buy the books seperately or just fancy one off boxes, please do browse our shop as each book club choice is listed individually too.
About the Authors
Our Authors are picked because we love them. It’s as simple as that. You will never find an Author in your Book of the Month box that we don’t like or haven’t read already! If you’re an Author interested in having us choose your book just get in touch and we can chat.
About the Book of the Month Box…
We have an online discussion post every month held in The Fiction Café Book Club on Facebook as well as discussion reminders through our very own Facebook Book group and Facebook Messenger. Get in touch and we’ll point you in the right direction if you want to join in! Face to face discussions are also held once a month locally near Andover, Hampshire.
Your monthly box will include…
- A brand new paperback copy of our Book of the Month – signed by the Author.
- Four delicious beverages – A mixture of tea and coffee.
- A Tasty Treat – (please specify any dietary needs at checkout) – Meredith & Drew Biscuits
- A Bookish Postcard – perfect for framing or displaying in your home!
- An extra scented gift – each month we include a scented wax melt bar.
- Online discussion via Facebook Messenger and Groups plus for some of the Authors, an online zoom to ask them questions! See our events page for what’s coming up.
- A hand poured wax seal to finish it all off – great for keeping and putting in a journal or scrapbook as decoration!
- Some boxes include some additional treats and themed items where indicated.
Terms and Conditions
- Signed books will either be physically signed or include a signed bookplate from the Author. Where possible we arrange for the book to be physically signed by the Author but due to overseas logistics this is not always possible.
- This subscription will mean that you receive Book of the Month for October, November and December.
- At the end of the three months we will be in touch to find out if you’d like to renew your subscription. We will not auto-renew.
- Books are sent 2nd Class via the Royal Mail and will be dispatched around 26th September, 26th October and 25th November 2022.
- It is your responsibility to let us know if your address changes during your subscription.
- Three month subscriptions are only available for UK delivery at the current time.
- It is not possible to cancel or pause your subscription & due to the nature of the box refunds are not available.
- All of our Book club boxes are still available for one off purchase on our website with a limited number each month.
- In purchasing this Three Month Subscription you are agreeing to our terms and conditions.
- You can purchase this as a gift and include a gift message at checkout which will be included in the first box.
- We’re not able to swap other titles into your box – but trust us, you’ll love what we choose!
- All book choices are subject to publication schedule and may change should publication dates change if this situation does occur, we will ensure that you are provided with a replacement book.
*Gallery images shows an example of what may be included in your box – flavours and scents may differ.
**From October 2022 our three month subscription price has increased from £50 to £52 due to increasingly rising costs across all of our stock and materials.