This includes a brand new copy of a book signed by a fantastic Author, alongside a selection of treats – delivered to your door once a month for three months January – March 2024 inclusive. All three books are already or will be released in paperback and there is an opportunity to attend an online Zoom event with each Author too.
Order the subscription by the 30th of November 2023 and receive an extra sweet treat in your January Box which will be dispatched before Christmas, for festive gifting if needed.
One Moment by Linda Green
Dark, intriguing and tense. A story of friendship, loss and love.
Finn and Kaz are about to meet for the first time.
Ten-year-old Finn, a quirky, sensitive boy who talks a lot and only eats at cafes with a 5-star hygiene rating, is having a tough time at school and home.
Outspoken Kaz, 59, who has an acerbic sense of humour and a heart of gold, is working at the café when Finn and his mum come in.
They don’t know it yet, but the second time they meet will be a moment which changes both of their lives forever…
Swimming for Beginners by Nicola Gill
Dive into Nicola Gill’s heart-warming and relatable journey into the power of a child’s love and its ability to transcend motherhood.
Loretta has life under control.
She’s good at avoiding things that make her uncomfortable, she’s chasing a big promotion at work, and she’s marrying a man whose five-year plan aligns perfectly with her own.
Children do not come into the mix.
This all changes, however, when a stranger in an airport asks Loretta to keep an eye on her sleeping six-year-old, Phoebe. The stranger never comes back.
Loretta knows that Phoebe’s life will change forever from that moment. But so will hers.
This strange little person in fairy wings will turn Loretta’s world upside down and cause her to question everything she knows about herself.
Stand Up Guy by Nina Kaye
A feel-good, heartwarming romance for anyone desperate to break out of their shell and find their true self.
Dumped by Instagram post. Not a whiff of a social life. Can it get any worse?
After a string of failed relationships – romantic and platonic – Lea’s had enough of watching life happen without her. When she bumps into Shep, a comedian at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in need of accommodation, it feels like destiny. And voilá – Lea now has a lodger and some company.
The two get on like a flat on fire, and Lea can’t resist falling for outgoing Shep. But she knows it’s a mistake that will cost her heart – he’s just another guy passing through, after all. And with Shep’s stand up routine edging him closer to his big break, there’s no way he’ll stick around.
Love is no laughing matter as the Fringe draws to a close. Can Lea find the confidence to step up and confess her feelings to Shep? Will he want to stay?
About the Tea Leaves and Reads Book Club
Each month we choose a title and Author to feature and reveal the details to all of our email subscribers the week before dispatch. Previous Authors have included Amanda Prowse, Sue Watson, Kirsty Greenwood, Sophie Hannah, Sheila O’Flanagan, Sanjida Kay, Heidi Swain, Emma Cooper, Eithne Shortall, Julie Cohen, Jill Mansell, Daniel Cole, JP Delaney, Holly Seddon, Sue Moorcroft, West Camel, Stephen Cox, Kate Sawyer, Miranda Dickinson, Louise Beech, Sarah Vaughan, Liz Alterman, Cathy Bramley, Tim Ewins & many more.
All of our brand new signed publication boxes will be a flat cost of £19.99 (paperbacks only). In purchasing this subscription you will be saving yourself almost £3 across the cost of three boxes plus no additional postage costs. However if you’d prefer to buy the books separately or just fancy one off boxes, please do browse our shop as each book club choice is listed individually too.
The extra touches for our book club include a silver pewter charm, themed wax seal finishing off your beautifully packaged up book and a bookmark – sometimes unique to the book! Each box includes tea, coffee, biscuits, a tea light candle, and a specially made Wax Melt Bar from Hampshire Candles to go with the book. If you’re not familiar with scented wax melt bars, we have a mini burner starter kit in the bookish add-on section of our shop. Trust us, these scents are BEAUTIFUL.
About the Authors
Our Authors are picked because we love them. It’s as simple as that. You will never find an Author in your Book of the Month box that we don’t like or haven’t read already! If you’re an Author interested in having us choose your book just get in touch and we can chat.
About the Book Club Box…
Each month we choose a title, arrange for the book to be signed, and have an online and face to face discussion in our book clubs. Join our Facebook Group here to get all of the updates. Face to face discussions are also held once a month locally near Andover, Hampshire and we have an online Zoom Event which we try and arrange for the Author to attend – subject to availability.
Your monthly box will include…
- A brand new paperback copy of our Book Club Pick of the Month – signed by the Author.
- Four delicious beverages – A mixture of tea and coffee.
- A Tasty Treat – (please specify any dietary needs at checkout) – Meredith & Drew Biscuits
- A Bookish Postcard – perfect for framing or displaying in your home!
- An extra scented gift – each month we include a scented wax melt bar.
- Online discussion via our Facebook Group plus, for some of the Authors, an online zoom to ask them questions! See our events page for what’s coming up.
- A hand poured wax seal to finish it all off – great for keeping and putting in a journal or scrapbook as decoration!
- Some boxes include some additional treats and themed items where indicated.
Sign up to the Zoom Events…
January with Linda Green – sign up here.
February with Nicola Gill – sign up here.
March with Nina Kaye – sign up here.
Terms and Conditions
- Signed books will either be physically signed or include a signed bookplate from the Author. Where possible we arrange for the book to be physically signed by the Author but due to overseas logistics this is not always possible.
- This subscription will mean that you receive Book Club Pick of the Month for January, February and March 2024.
- At the end of the three months we will be in touch to find out if you’d like to renew your subscription. We will not auto-renew.
- Books are sent 2nd Class via the Royal Mail a few days prior to the end of the month with the exception of January which will be sent before Christmas.
- It is your responsibility to let us know if your address changes during your subscription.
- Three month subscriptions are only available for UK delivery at the current time.
- It is not possible to cancel or pause your subscription & due to the nature of the box refunds are not available.
- All of our Book club boxes are still available for one off purchase on our website with a limited number each month.
- In purchasing this Three Month Subscription you are agreeing to our terms and conditions.
- You can purchase this as a gift and include a gift message at checkout which will be included in the first box.
- We’re not able to swap other titles into your box – but trust us, you’ll love what we choose!
- All book choices are subject to publication schedule and may change should publication dates change if this situation does occur, we will ensure that you are provided with a replacement book.
*Gallery images shows an example of what may be included in your box – flavours and scents may differ.