About The Box
This first installment in Kallentoft’s crime series is a fantastic representative of the Swedish crime novel in all its elegance and eeriness. This book is packaged up in brown paper, string and a wax seal and will arrive in a box with all of our usual treats.
About The Book
Linköping’s top detective, Malin Fors, is about to take on a case that’s a little too close for comfort. Her daughter has just discovered a dead body. It is that of a 79-year-old resident at the nursing home where she works. He’s been hung by his own alarm cord.
At first it looks like a cut and dry suicide. But when the autopsy suggests foul play, Malin probes deeper and uncovers rumours about the home’s mismanagement its greedy millionaire owner. Was it a mercy killing, or was someone trying to silence the victim?
Who could possibly benefit from the death of an elderly man? Only someone with a lot to gain – or a lot to lose…
What’s included in your Box?
• A brand new paperback copy of Souls of Air by Mons Kallentoft.
• Four delicious beverages (English Tea Shop & Beanies Coffee)
• A Tasty Treat (Meredith & Drew Biscuits)
• A Bookish Postcard – perfect for framing or displaying in your home.
• A hand poured wax seal to finish it all off – great for keeping and putting in a journal or scrapbook as decoration!
* Gallery images show an example of what may be included in your box – treat contents may differ.
About the Author
Mons Kallentoft grew up in a working-class household in the provincial town of Linkoping, Sweden, where the Malin Fors series is set. Before becoming a writer, he worked in journalism and is also a keen food critic. His first novel, Pesetas, was awarded the Swedish equivalent of the Whitbread Award. He has been married to Karolina for over 20 years, and they live in Stockholm with their daughter and son.
His novels are translated into English by Neil Smith.
The Other Important Bits
Publisher: Hodder and Stoughton