An international bestseller – about life, the universe, and everything. Sophie’s World by Jostein Gaarder was first published in 1991 and has been hailed at covering important aspects of Philosophy without being a heavy textbook. This book will be packaged up in brown paper, tied up with string and finished with a wax seal and all of our usual treats.
About the book…
When 14-year-old Sophie encounters a mysterious mentor who introduces her to philosophy, mysteries deepen in her own life. Why does she keep getting postcards addressed to another girl? Who is the other girl? And who, for that matter, is Sophie herself? To solve the riddle, she uses her new knowledge of philosophy, but the truth is far stranger than she could have imagined.
A phenomenal worldwide bestseller, SOPHIE’S WORLD sets out to draw teenagers into the world of Socrates, Descartes, Spinoza, Hegel and all the great philosophers. A brilliantly original and fascinating story with many twists and turns, it raises profound questions about the meaning of life and the origin of the universe.
About the Author…
Publisher: Weidenfeld & Nicolson
Publication date: 2015 20th anniversary edition
Reading age: For readers 12+
Your box will include…
- A brand new paperback copy of Sophie’s World by Jostein Gaarder.
- Four delicious beverages – A mixture of tea and coffee.
- A Tasty Treat – Meredith & Drew Biscuits.
- A Bookish Postcard – perfect for framing or displaying in your home!
- A hand poured wax seal to finish it all off – great for keeping and putting in a journal or scrapbook as decoration!