We’re super excited to announce that our Book of the Month for April is The Hideaway by Sheila O’Flanagan. We felt that bringing Summer forward a little was just what we all needed this year and hopefully we’re going to transport you to sunnier climates, family secrets and more with The Hideaway by Sheila O’Flanagan. Once again the book is signed – and this time it includes a bookplate signed by the Author as she’s overseas!
Read our thoughts and review here.
About the book…
What would you do if you discovered you were living a lie?
When a shocking news report shatters Juno Ryan’s world, she suddenly finds herself without the man she loves – and with no way of getting the answers she so desperately needs.
A distraught Juno flees to the enchanting Villa Naranja in Spain. The blue skies and bountiful orange groves – along with Pep, the winemaker’s handsome son – begin to soothe her broken heart, but only Juno herself can mend it.
Just when she begins to feel whole again another bombshell falls. Can Juno put the past behind her? And will she ever learn to trust herself again?
About the Author…
Sheila has always loved reading and as a child she used to write stories for her younger sisters as a bribe to make them do her share of the housework. It usually worked!
Although constantly writing, Sheila felt the idea of being a novelist was a bit of a pipe dream and pursued a career in finance. It was the complete opposite of anything she’d ever expected to do but, at least for a time, she enjoyed it.
But the dream wouldn’t go away and in her thirties she decided start writing her first novel. Eventually, after a couple of false starts, ‘Dreaming of A Stranger’ was written and published and became an Irish bestseller.
Since then she’s written more than 25 novels as well as 3 collections of short stories and 2 novels for children all of which have been bestsellers both in Ireland and overseas! They include ‘The Hideaway’, What Happened That Night, Isobel’s Wedding and Suddenly Single and she has sold more than 9 million copies around the world.
Your box will include…
- A brand new copy of our book of the month for April 2021 – bookplate signed by the Author.
- Four delicious beverages – A mixture of tea and coffee.
- A Tasty Treat – Meredith and Drew Biscuits.
- A Bookish Postcard – perfect for framing or displaying in your home!
- An extra gift – this month we are including a scented wax melt bar from Spitchwick Candle Co.
- Online Discussion (optional!)
- A hand poured wax seal to finish it all off – great for keeping and putting in a journal or scrapbook as decoration!
- If you’ve purchased an April/May/June subscription then this box will be included and will include a Chocolate Orange Twirl too!
* Gallery images shows an example of what may be included in your box – flavours may differ. Please let us know at checkout if you have any dietary requirements or would prefer hot chocolate rather than tea or coffee.