About The Book
Enid isn’t clear about much these days. But she does feel a strong affinity with Olivia, a regular visitor to her dementia home in a small coastal town. If only she could put her finger on why.
Their silent partnership intensifies when Enid, hoping to reconnect with her husband Roy, escapes from the home. With help from an imaginary macaw, she uncovers some uncomfortable truths about Olivia’s marriage and delves into her own forgotten past.
A deeply touching story of love, age and companionship, evoking the unnoticed everyday moments that can mean the world to the people living them, Tim Ewins’ second novel will delight fans of his acclaimed debut, We Are Animals.
About the Author
Alongside his accidental career in finance, Tim Ewins performed in stand-up comedy for eight years. He also had a very brief acting stint (he’s in the film Bronson, somewhere in the background) before turning to writing fiction. His first novel, We Are Animals, was published by Lightning Books in 2021. He lives with his wife, son and dog near Bristol.
Your box will include…
- A brand new paperback copy of Tiny Pieces of Enid signed by Tim Ewins.
- Four delicious beverages – A mixture of tea and coffee.
- A Tasty Treat – Meredith & Drew Biscuits
- A beautifully scented wax melt bar created by Hampshire Candles.
- A Bookish Postcard – perfect for framing or displaying in your home!
- A silver pewter charm.
- A free bookmark designed by us!
- Invitation to our Online Zoom Event where we will be chatting to Tim about writing and the book.
- A hand poured wax seal to finish it all off – great for keeping and putting in a journal or scrapbook as decoration!
About the Book Club Box…
Each month we choose a title, arrange for the book to be signed, and have an online and face to face discussion in our book clubs. Join our Facebook Group here to get all of the updates. Face to face discussions are also held once a month locally near Andover, Hampshire and we have an online Zoom Event which we try and arrange for the Author to attend – subject to availability.
Purchase our Three Month Book Club Subscription & save money!
July, August and September boxes can be purchased as a subscription. All of our brand new signed publication boxes are normally a flat cost of £19.99 (paperbacks only). In purchasing this subscription you will be saving yourself almost £3 across the cost of three boxes plus no additional postage costs. However if you’d prefer to buy the books separately or just fancy one off boxes, please do browse our shop as each book club choice is listed individually too. For more information head to the book club page.