About The Box
Discover the late Ursula Le Guin’s passionate and enthralling story of a young boy sent to a school of wizardry to learn the ways of magic in the opening quartet of the Earthsea story combined into one stunning paperback edition. Coined A Literary Icon by Stephen King, Le Guin has become a household name in the literary world and her novels have attracted millions of readers. Packaged up in brown paper tied up with string and finished with a wax seal, your box will include all of our usual treats.
About The Book
Ged is but a goatherd on the island of Gont when he comes by his strange powers over nature. Sent to the School of Wizards on Roke, he learns the true way of magic and proves himself a powerful magician.
And it is as the Archmage Sparrowhawk that he helps the High Priestess Tenar escape the labyrinth of darkness. But over the years, Ged witnesses true magic and the ancient ways submit to the forces of evil and death. Will he too succumb, or can he hold them back?
What’s included in your Box?
• A brand new paperback copy of Earthsea books 1 – 4
• Four delicious beverages (English Tea Shop & Beanies Coffee)
• A Tasty Treat (Meredith & Drew Biscuits)
• A Bookish Postcard – perfect for framing or displaying in your home.
• A hand poured wax seal to finish it all off – great for keeping and putting in a journal or scrapbook as decoration!
* Gallery images show an example of what may be included in your box – treat contents may differ.
About The Series
Earthsea Cycle is a fantasy series penned by American writer, Ursula K. Le Guin. The worlds in Earthsea Cycle have been surrounded by an unchartered ocean. In the authors amazing brilliance, Ursula converts what may have been a straightforward story about good fighting evil into a lesson of self-discovery and also the acceptance of the darkness that one lives with. The series is as follows:
- A Wizard of Earthsea
- The Tombs of Atuan
- The Farthest Shore
- The Other Wind
About the Author
The Other Important Bits