About The Box
The sixth installment in David Mark’s internationally acclaimed Detective Sergeant McAvoy series, Cruel Mercy is McAvoy’s first adventure on American soil. Packaged up in brown paper tied up with string and finished with a wax seal, your box will include all of our usual treats.
About The Book
DS Aector McAvoy’s brother-in-law Valentine is missing.
In New York City, half the world away…
And the two men he travelled with have just been found in an open grave upstate: one dead, one as good as.
McAvoy doesn’t believe Valentine killed them. He does believe he’s in trouble. And so he follows him to New York, determined to find out what happened.
But Valentine is in more danger than McAvoy could have imagined.
And McAvoy’s walking into it right after him: into the darkness of murder, revenge, and a forty-year-old crime…
What’s included in your Box?
• A brand new copy of Cruel Mercy by David Mark
• Four delicious beverages (English Tea Shop & Beanies Coffee)
• A Tasty Treat (Meredith & Drew Biscuits)
• A Bookish Postcard – perfect for framing or displaying in your home.
• A hand poured wax seal to finish it all off – great for keeping and putting in a journal or scrapbook as decoration!
* Gallery images show an example of what may be included in your box – treat contents may differ.
About the Author
David spent more than fifteen years as a journalist, including seven years as a crime reporter with the Yorkshire Post – walking the Hull streets that would later become the setting for the Detective Sergeant Aector McAvoy novels.
His writing is heavily influenced by real life and have been universally praised for their originality, authenticity and heart. Industry bible Kirkus Reviews said that ‘to call David Mark’s novels police procedurals is like calling the Mona Lisa a pretty painting’. He has been championed by such industry luminaries as Val McDermid, Peter James, Mick Herron and Martina Cole.