About The Box
The book of fairy tales that every library needs. This is a spellbinding collection of twelve classic fairy tales, with exquisite illustrations by Jane Ray – shortlisted for the Kate Greenaway Medal. Packaged beautifully in our signature packaging which includes a hand poured wax seal, brown paper and string, this makes the perfect gift with additional treats included.
About The Book
From double Carnegie Medal-winning author Berlie Doherty comes an enchanting collection of classic fairy tales, with magnificent illustrations by Jane Ray.
The twelve stories in this collection – Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Little Red Riding Hood, Hansel and Gretel, Beauty and the Beast, Rumpelstiltskin, Aladdin, the Fire-bird and Snow White – are among the best-loved fairy tales of all.
These classic stories have enthralled children all over the world for hundreds of years; but rarely, if ever, have they been presented as perfectly as here.
Berlie Doherty’s graceful, direct prose combines with Jane Ray’s intensely beautiful pictures to create a most memorable read. Here is fairy tale magic for many a lifetime.
What’s included in your Box?
• A brand new copy of Classic Fairy Tales Berlie Doherty and Jane Ray.
• Two hot chocolate beverages
• A packet of Meredith and Drew cookies
• A mini packet of Haribo Sweets
• A Bookish Postcard – perfect for framing or displaying in your home.
• A hand poured wax seal to finish it all off – great for keeping and putting in a journal or scrapbook as decoration!
* Gallery images show an example of what may be included in your box – treat contents may differ.
About the Author
Berlie Doherty was born in Knotty Ash, Liverpool, the youngest of three children. She always wanted to be a writer, but when she was little there were many things she wanted to be – a singer, ballet dancer, air hostess, librarian… Her serious writing started at university, where she trained to be a teacher. Now she lives in an isolated cottage in the country and writes in a barn overlooking the Pennines.